CEW has announced the six finalists of the Supplier’s Award: Ingredients & Formulation, part of its prestigious Beauty Awards. Sponsored by New York Society of Cosmetic Chemists (NYSCC), the award category recognizes the role that ingredients, formulation and new technology plays in successful product launches.
The 2020 CEW Supplier’s Award: Ingredients & Formulation finalists are:
- Ashland Inc.: Mineral-Based Sun Stick SPF 50 - a convenient mineral-based stick formula with high SPF and a smooth glide that rubs in easily.
- BASF Corporation: Rambuvital™ - organic rambutan fruit seed extract protects scalp and hair.
- CARGILL BEAUTY: FiberDesign™ Sensation - a new texturizer and emulsion stabilizer inspired by the upcycling movement
- Croda Inc: Solaveil™ XTP-2 - a silica coated, alumina-free powder variant of the Solaveil SpeXtra range.
- Elementis Specialty: BENTONE(R) LUXE Natural Formulation Enabler - an amazing multifunctional ingredient that creates interesting sensorial formula.
- Grant Industries Inc.: GRANSENSE™ TC-8X - a series of next generation elastomer gels designed for new formulating possibilities.
The finalists were selected from more than 40 submissions that were reviewed and voted upon by a curated panel of judges that included leading beauty and personal care brands including members of the NYSCC Program Committees. The judges were: Lauren Alciati, Glossier; Eileen Kim, Chanel; Theresa Phamduy, L’Oreal; Mike Wong, EOS Products; and Tao Zheng, The Estee Lauder Companies.
The winner of the CEW Supplier’s Award will be announced in advance during the Suppliers’ Day “At Home Live” Week of Beauty on September 30th. The Supplier’s Award winner will also be acknowledged at the CEW Beauty Awards presentation on November 13th along with reveal of the other “Best in Beauty” category winners.
Prior to the winner of the CEW Supplier’s Award being announced on September 30th, the finalists will participate in virtual panel moderated by a leading beauty editor during the Suppliers’ Day “At Home Live” Week of Beauty.
“Despite a year full of such uncertainty and challenges, what doesn’t stop is innovation. These ingredients and formulations as well as all the submissions are testament to the ingenuity of cosmetic science and reinforces its impact in product development and creating sought after and lasting brands" said Giorgino Macalino, Chairman, NYSCC.
The NYSCC Suppliers’ Day “At Home Live” Week of Beauty starting on Monday, September 28th and continuing until Friday, October 2nd, will be a virtual week of beauty and personal care industry education, engagement, new product announcements, awards, and more. For more information visit www.nyscc.org/suppliers-day.
About New York Society of Cosmetic Chemists (NYSCC)
Dedicated to the advancement of cosmetic science, the New York Society of Cosmetic Chemists, www.nyscc.org, strives to increase and disseminate scientific information through meetings and publications. By promoting research in cosmetic science and industry, and by setting high ethical, professional and educational standards, we reach our goal of improving the qualifications of cosmetic scientists. Our mission is to further the interests and recognition of cosmetic scientists while maintaining the confidence of the public in the cosmetic and toiletries industry. The NYSCC Suppliers’ Day in New York City, is the leading North American event for beauty ingredients, formulations, and delivery innovations. For more information visit: www.nyscc.org