Formulation ID: CH0066
Beauty is timeless and is now becoming ageless. This COSMOS compliant natural day cream restores skin homeostasis to reduce the effects of external aggressions whilst also promoting cell cohesion and its acts on the inflammation mediators responsible for premature ageing through the inclusion of Phytessence™ Speedwell. Crodamol™ SSA is a 100% naturally derived alternative to squalane that leaves the skin soft and velvety and is easily absorbed without leaving a greasy afterfeel. Perfect for use at night Pricerine™ 9091 helps retain moisture leaving skin hydrated throughout the day.
|Phase||Ingredient||INCI Name||Functionality||Supplier||% w/w|
|A||Crodamol GTCC||Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride||Emollient||Croda||10.00|
|Crodamol ISIS||Isostearyl Isostearate||Emollient||Croda||5.00|
|Crodamol SSA||Decyl Isostearate (and) Isostearyl Isostearate||Emollient||Croda||5.00|
|Crodacol™ CS90||Cetearyl Alcohol||Viscosity builder||Croda||2.00|
|B||Water Deionised||Aqua||-||To 100|
|Arlacel™ LC||Sorbitan Stearate (and) Sorbityl Laurate||O/W Emulsifier||Croda||5.00|
|Keltrol CG-T||Xanthan Gum||Thickener||CP Kelco||0.50|
|Sodium Benzoate||Sodium Benzoate||Preservative||Sigma||0.30|
|Potassium Sorbate||Potassium Sorbate||Preservative||Sigma||0.20|
|C||Phytessence Speedwell||Functionality: see below*||Crodarom||2.00|
* Speedwell contributes to restore the skin homeostasis to counter the effects of external aggressions. It promotes cell cohesion and acts on the inflammation mediators responsible for premature ageing.
- Premix the Xanthan Gum and Pricerine 9091.
- Add water with stirring.
- Once fully hydrated heat to 75-80°C and add Arlacel LC with stirring.
- Use a homogeniser to mix for 1 min (10,000 rpm) then leave to swell for 30 minutes at 75-80°C in a water bath.
- Separately combine Part A and heat to 75-80°C.
- Add Part A to Part B with fast stirring and use a homogeniser to mix for 1 min/200g (10,000 rpm).
- Stir gently to cool.
- Once below 40°C add Part C.
- Appearance: White emulsion
- pH: 5.5 ± 0.5
- Viscosity: 8200cPs ± 10% (Brookfield DV-I+, Spindle 27, 5 rpm, 1 min, room temperature)
- Stability: 3 months at 4ºC, 25ºC, 40ºC, 45ºC and 50ºC and 7 x -10 ºC/+40 ºC 24 hour freeze-thaw cycle
Keltrol is a registered trademark of CP Kelco.
This formulation was developed in Europe. Contact your local sales representative with enquiries as ingredient availability can vary by region.
Non-warranty: The information in this publication is believed to be accurate and is given in good faith, but no representation or warranty as to its completeness or accuracy is made. Suggestions for uses or applications are only opinions. Users are responsible for determining the suitability of these products for their own particular purpose. No representation or warranty, expressed or implied, is made with respect to information or products including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement of any third party patent or other intellectual property rights including, without limit, copyright, trademark and designs. Any trademarks identified herein, unless otherwise noted, are trademarks of the Croda group of companies.
©2018 Croda International Plc