Gattefossé - provider of personal care ingredients and pharmaceutical excipients - is committed to ensuring the protection of its employees and to manufacturing and delivering, as far as possible, its products to its customers despite the health crisis.
Wherever Gattefossé operates, the company ensures compliance with national measures while maintaining working conditions in all its offices.
Gattefossé's strategic partners and suppliers ensuring a regular supply, the company remains able to manufacturing and delivering its products, in particular those intended to drug manufacturers.
Today, all the Group's affiliates are operational, working remotely. Only the Chinese affiliate has reopened its office, in accordance with current national provisions. Equipped with an application laboratory, Gattefossé China is supporting those that are currently closed in France, the United States and India.
As part of the Pharmaceutical value chain as supplier of excipients, the whole company is mobilized to offer its customers the best possible services and assistance given the exceptional situation.
In Saint-Priest (near Lyon), where the Group's headquarters and main production site are located, Gattefossé applies all the measures and recommendations suggested by authorities in France:
- Since March 17, all employees who have the possibility and whose presence is not mandatory on-site are working from their homes
- Only the production, supply chain, quality control and technical services are operating on-site with reduced staff, and in full compliance with sanitary measures. Members of the executive committee ensure a daily permanence in rotation
- Increased frequency of cleaning in frequented areas on site
- Implementation of health security measures and barrier actions for all employees operating on-site: masks distribution, manufacture of hydroalcoholic gel, individual offices, closure of the company restaurant and application of strict health instructions for meals
- Travel ban and postponement of all internal and professional events until further notice
- No external visits allowed
Employees are regularly informed on the Group activities and current situation by the management.
A daily attendance bonus COVID-19 is allocated to employees who must go to the site to work.
Contribution to national solidarity
The company donated FFP2 masks to the to support healthcare professionals.
Gattefossé is a French company who develops, manufactures and sells specialty ingredients for the personal care and pharmaceutical industries. Specialist in lipid chemistry and plant extraction, the group offers recognized expertise in formulation using its 4 application laboratories.
Gattefossé markets its products in more than 60 countries through 12 affiliated companies and a network of agents and distributors which provide solid technical support to its customers: 75% of its turnover is achieved outside France.
The company remains a family-run, independent business since its creation in 1880 and now employs 320 people worldwide.