The Society of Cosmetic Chemists (SCC) is announcing today that the SCC 74th Annual Meeting & Showcase scheduled for December 2020 will be a fully virtual meeting. SCC and the Sheraton NY Times Square have agreed to mutually terminate our contract in light of the concerns and travel restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Although we regret that we cannot be together for our 74th Annual Meeting this year in New York City, a virtual SCC meeting forum will allow us to safely educate and engage our scientific community.
“In consideration of the health and safety concerns surrounding an in-person event, we have made the decision to move to a virtual meeting platform,” said Erica O’Grady, CAE, CEO of the Society. “We look forward to presenting a meeting that features the same high-quality content, outstanding speakers, and exciting showcase that our attendees have come to expect – and a few new features, as well. This virtual format will allow safe access and engagement for participants from around the globe.”
The SCC Annual Meeting promises to be an outstanding virtual event. The SCC HQ Staff, along with the Committee on Scientific Affairs, has reimagined the conference format and are planning five full days of cosmetic science education, packed with two keynotes and eight scientific sessions, a virtual poster and showcase floor, and more. With full meeting registration, attendees will receive access to all sessions across the five-day meeting, and no sessions will run concurrently – which means attendees don’t need to choose one session over another. The complete program agenda will be announced in the coming weeks.
Registration will open the second week of September, when we will also announce a reduction in our usual pricing structure including group discounts for this year’s Annual Meeting & Showcase. Combined with reduced registration fees, participation will be even more affordable for attendees without the added expense of travel and lodging.
Here are some details of the meeting that we can provide you with now:
- Save the dates: December 7-11, 2020 (a week earlier than previously scheduled)
- Registration opens September 9, 2020
- SCC74 will include
- 5 days of scientific programming, including 2 keynotes and 8 breakout sessions featuring more than 30 of the industry’s best and brightest speakers and hottest topics
- A virtual Showcase enabling connection with suppliers, consultants, students, and other industry service providers
- “Ask the Expert” virtual sessions
- Presidential Address & Awards Recognition
- Annual Membership Business Meeting
- Online Networking Opportunities