- Platform targets leadership in simple, delightful beauty and personal care creation
- Benefits include information access, project management, search and collaboration tools
- All users will enjoy an initial free trial; some functionality will be subscription-only, and some core elements will always be free of charge
ozmi, the first easy-to-use one-stop digital ecosystem for cosmetics creators, has completed its extensive beta testing period and is now available to beauty and personal care professionals.
The first platform launched by the German startup Chemster GmbH, ozmi is an open platform designed to remove the friction in creating new, innovative cosmetic products while delivering a delightful user experience for brands and suppliers.
“ozmi aims to give innovative brands and solution providers a much-needed tool that allows them to create cosmetics products quicker and easier,” said Chemster CEO Udo Eberlein. “It takes the complexity out of the process and becomes their trusted partner along all parts of the value chain.”
Beauty and personal care is a fragmented industry where information is often unclear or unavailable, Mr. Eberlein said. Consumer behavior and demand have transformed companies’ product cycles, and the consumerization of the enterprise has arrived in the cosmetics-creation field.
“With ozmi and its open and delightful approach, we are catering to this demand,” Mr. Eberlein said.
On ozmi, users can find ingredients, formulations and packaging, partner with suppliers, manage projects, and receive guidance so they do not run into unexpected roadblocks in the workflow. To ensure that users’ data is secure and under their exclusive control, ozmi complies fully with the European Union’s GDPR data-protection laws.
Features available at rollout include:
- search for formulations, ingredients, packaging and service providers, with filters and detailed results
- user collaboration: easy contact during the RFQ process, find materials and services at all project stages
- project-management tools that provide guidance at the product brief or recipe creation stage
ozmi feature development will progress continually. The platform will push the envelope with additional functionality, according to user demand, Mr. Eberlein said.
“We’re just getting started,” said Mr. Eberlein. “We will continue to enrich the experience on our platform, so that users will experience the benefits of bringing all their projects, processes and networks to ozmi in order to streamline their whole workflow. This will result in significant savings in time-to-market.”
ozmi’s global roll-out will take place gradually, beginning with a focus on Europe.
More information is available at www.ozmi.com.