Formulation ID: # 200-10082
Material ID: # 945255
This anhydrous spray is water resistant and clear upon application on wet skin. This texture delivers a non-greasy light and dry finish on the skin with very high UV protection. The formulation does not leave the skin shiny and greasy because of light emollients.
|Phase||Ingredients (Trade Name)||Ingredients (INCI)||Supplier||% w/w|
|A||Escalol™ 587 UV filter||Ethylhexyl Salicylate||Ashland||5.00|
|Escalol™ HMS UV filter||Homosalate ¹||Ashland||12.00|
|Ceraphyl™ ICA ester||Isocetyl Alcohol||Ashland||2.50|
|Antaron™ ECo ethylcellulose||Ethylcellulose||Ashland||1.00|
|B||Escalol™ 517 UV filter||Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane||Ashland||3.00|
|Escalol™ 567 UV filter||Benzophenone-3||Ashland||6.00|
|Escalol™ 597 UV filter||Octocrylene||Ashland||8.00|
|Ceraphyl™ SLK ester||Isodecyl Neopentanoate||Ashland||4.00|
|Tegosoft* TN||C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate||Evonik||2.00|
|Cetiol* CC||Dicaprylyl Carbonate||BASF||3.50|
|C||Pelemol* 89||Ethylhexyl Isononanoate||Phoenix Chemical||5.00|
|Dowsil* FZ-3196||Caprylyl Methicone||Dow||8.00|
|D||Pure ethanol (200 proof)||Alcohol Denat.||Local||40.00|
¹ This use level of Homosalate is US compliant (< 15%). The maximum use level for EU is 10%. Ashland has an EU compliant version of this formula available.
- In the main beaker homogenize phase A ingredients while heating to 75°C until homogeneous
- In a side beaker mix phase B while gently heating until fully dissolved and clear
- Combine phase A and B in the main beaker at 70-75°C and mix until homogeneous
- Start to cool down the batch, add phase C ingredients and continue mixing
- At RT, add phase D and mix until homogeneous
- Stop at 25°C
- description: clear yellow liquid
- pH: NA
- viscosity (D0): <100 cps (Brookfield RVT | Spindle 2 | 5 RPM | 1 minute | 25°C)
- SPF in vitro: 60
- water resistance in vitro:: 100%
- This formula has passed 3-month accelerated lab stabilities and was waived for PET challenge testing.
- clear anhydrous spray with very high protection
- Hydrosheer™ technology for clear application on wet skin
- non-greasy, light feel upon application
- high water-resistance
- antaron™ ECo ethylcellulose: nature-derived film former that provides water resistance without adding tack or viscosity
- escalol™ UV filters blend: The combination of USA-approved UV filters provides broad-spectrum UVA and UVB protection.
- ceraphyl™ esters blend: Provides a light feel while delivering a clear application on wet skin.
The information contained in this document and the various products described are intended for use only by persons having technical skill and at their own discretion and risk after they have performed necessary tests and evaluations of the products and their uses. All statements, information and data presented herein are believed to be accurate and reliable, but are not to be taken as a guarantee, an express warranty, or an implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, or representation, express or implied, for which Ashland and its subsidiaries assume legal responsibility. A purchaser must make its own determination of a product’s suitability for purchaser’s use, the protection of the environment, and the health and safety of its employees and customers. We make no warranty against infringement of any patents by reason of purchaser’s use of any product or formulation described in this document.
® Registered trademark, Ashland or its subsidiaries, registered in various countries.
™ Trademark, Ashland or its subsidiaries, registered in various countries.
* Trademark owned by a third party.
© 2019, Ashland.