Formulation ID: # 500-10022
Material ID: # 951175
A mild, clear, pear-colored cleanser formulated without sulfates¹. Containing many nature-derived ingredients designed to condition and balance the skin, this gentle hand cleanser has a pleasant foam, feel and fragrance.
|Phase||Ingredients (Trade Name)||Ingredients (INCI)||supplier||% w/w|
|Bioterge* AS-40 HA||Water/Aqua (and) Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate||Stepan Chemical||25.00|
|Mackam* C37HP||Water/Aqua (and) Cocamidopropyl Betaine||Solvay/Rhodia||10.00|
|Plantaren* 2000 N||Water/Aqua (and) Decyl Glucoside||BASF||2.00|
|Cocoglucoside||Water/Aqua (and) Cocoglucoside (and) Decyl Glucoside||New Directions Aromatics||2.00|
|SurfThix* DOE||PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate (and) Methyl Gluceth-10 (and) Water||Lotion Crafter||1.00|
|optiphen™ BSB-N preservative||Benzyl Alcohol (and) Benzoic Acid (and) Sorbic Acid (and) Glycerin||Ashland||1.00|
|ceraphyl™ 41 ester||C12-15 Alkyl Lactate||Ashland||0.25|
|aquaCat™ PF618 clear cationic solution||Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride||Ashland||5.00|
|lipigenine™ biofunctional||Water/Aqua (and) Glycerin (and) Linum Usitatissimum (Lindseed) Seed Extract||Ashland||1.00|
|PF PearBlossom R18-6233||Fragrance/Parfum||Robertet||0.50|
|puraloe™ 100x aloe vera||Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder||Ashland||0.10|
|B||CitricAcid||Citric Acid||Local||qs. pH~5|
- In the main beaker, at RT, add ingredients of phase A one at a time, in order, with mixing. Wait for uniformity before adding the next.
- When phase A is uniform, adjust pH to ~5.0 using citric acid.
- Stop once the pH is adjusted
- description: clear yellow liquid
- pH: 4.8 –5.2
- viscosity (D0): 3 000–6 000 cps (Brookfield RVT | Spindle 5 | 10 RPM | 1 minute | 25°C)
Zeta potential studies were conducted indicating AquaCat™ clear cationic solution improves formulation mildness.
This formula has passed 3-month accelerated lab stabilities and a 28-day challenge efficacy test (preservative system has not been optimized to its lowest effective level).
- gentle, clear hand cleanser formulated without sulfates¹
- formulated with skin conditioning ingredients
- contains field-to-market, nature-derived² pure aloe
- contains a nature-derived² flax seed extract designed to help skin barrier function
- aquaCat™ PF 618 clear cationic solution: nature-derived2, easy-to-handle, liquid conditioning polymer that offers unsurpassed clarity in virtually all surfactant systems. Suitable for body washes, liquid soaps, and 2-in-1 conditioning shampoos, it is a deposition aid that leaves skin feeling soft and moisturized without significant impact on viscosity.
- ceraphyl™ 41 ester: nature-derived, delivers viscosity-building enhancements and lather creaminess in shampoos and body washes, leaving consumers with a more luxurious feel.
- optiphen™ BSB-N preservative: nature-identical preservative that is effective against gram-negative bacteria, yeast and mold, effective up to a pH of 5.4. COSMOS and NATRUE validation.
- puraloe™ 100x aloe vera: nature-derived², field-to-market pure aloe that is sustainable, responsibly sourced (Fair Trade³), organic4 and non-GMO. Aloe verais a consumer-trusted botanical with long appreciated benefits for skin health and wellness.
- lipigenine™ biofunctional: nature-derived² flax seed extract designed to help the skin optimize lipidic homeostasis by targeting synthesis of stratum corneum lipids, essential for skin barrier permeability. May help improve appearance of dry, delipidated skin obtained by daily cleansing or aging.
¹ surfactants ’without sulfates’ defined as containing no alcohol sulfate or alcohol ether sulfate, per INCI nomenclature
² according to ISO 16128-2:2017
³ Fair-for-Life fair trade certification.
4 certified by Quality Assurance International (QAI), a USDA-accredited certifying agent
The information contained in this document and the various products described are intended for use only by persons having technical skill and at their own discretion and risk after they have performed necessary tests and evaluations of the products and their uses. All statements, information and data presented herein are believed to be accurate and reliable, but are not to be taken as a guarantee, an express warranty, or an implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, or representation, express or implied, for which Ashland and its subsidiaries assume legal responsibility. A purchaser must make its own determination of a product’s suitability for purchaser’s use, the protection of the environment, and the health and safety of its employees and customers. We make no warranty against infringement of any patents by reason of purchaser’s use of any product or formulation described in this document.
® Registered trademark, Ashland or its subsidiaries, registered in various countries.
™ Trademark, Ashland or its subsidiaries, registered in various countries.
* Trademark owned by a third party.
© 2019, Ashland.