Formulation ID: # 200-10079A
Material ID: # 944634
This oil-free anhydrous stick can be used as stand-alone or buildable coverage. The Antaron™/Ganex™ WP-660 polymer improves the wear, pigments dispersion, and feel during application. The stick spreads easily on the skin without imparting a heavy feel because of the Ceraphyl™ ester combination.
|Phase||Ingredients (Trade Name)||Ingredients (INCI)||Supplier||% w/w|
||Ceraphyl™ 368 ester||Ethylhexyl Palmitate||Ashland||22.00|
|Ceraphyl SLK ester||Isodecyl Neopentanoate||Ashland||6.50|
|Ceraphyl 230 ester||Diisopropyl Adipate||Ashland||7.50|
|Ceraphyl 847 ester||Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate||Ashland||13.10|
|Escalol™ 587 UV filter||Ethylhexyl Salicylate1||Ashland||5.00|
|White ozokerite SP1020||Ozokerite||Strahl&Pitch||10.00|
|Beeswax SP422||Beeswax/Cera Alba||Strahl&Pitch||4.50|
|Performalene* PL||Polyethylene||New phase||7.00|
|Refined Shea butter||Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter||Ashland||6.00|
|Antaron™ WP-660/Ganex™ WP-660 polymer||Triacontanyl PVP||Ashland||2.00|
|B||ZnO FSF-11S4||Zinc Oxide (and) Triethoxycaprylylsilane||Kobo||7.00|
|JTTO-MS7||Titanium Dioxide (and) Alumina (and) Hydrogen Dimethicone||Kobo||7.00|
|C||Optiphen™ preservative||Phenoxyethanol (and) Caprylyl Glycol||Ashland||1.20|
|PF Tropical coconut sunscreen R19-1475||Fragrance/Parfum||Robertet||0.40|
- Weigh phase A and heat to 95-100°C while mixing.
- Lower temperature to 80°C and add phase B . Mix for 10-15 minutes until fully in.
- Check dispersion using glass slides.
- Add phase C and mix for 5 minutes.
- Add phase D and mix for another 10 minutes.
- Pour at 75-80°C.
- description: white anhydrous solid stick
- pH: n/a
- Viscosity: n/a, hot poured
- SPF in vitro: 50
- Water resistance in vitro : 87%
- This formula has passed 3-month accelerated lab stabilities and a 28-day challenge efficacy test. However, the preservative system has not been optimized to its lowest effective level.
- convenient anhydrous stick with UV protection
- smooth glide that rubs in easily
- Hawaii and Key West, Florida allowed UV filters
- great stick integrity
- Antaron WP-660 /Ganex WP-660 polymer: film former that provides SPF boosting, long wear, and pigment dispersion stability
- Ceraphyl 368, SLK, 230, 847 esters blend: light, dry-feeling esters that help reduce the greasiness of high-oil products
- Optiphen™ preservative: broad spectrum preservative, effective at pH 4 – 8
The information contained in this document and the various products described are intended for use only by persons having technical skill and at their own discretion and risk after they have performed necessary tests and evaluations of the products and their uses. All statements, information and data presented herein are believed to be accurate and reliable, but are not to be taken as a guarantee, an express warranty, or an implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, or representation, express or implied, for which Ashland and its subsidiaries assume legal responsibility. A purchaser must make its own determination of a product’s suitability for purchaser’s use, the protection of the environment, and the health and safety of its employees and customers. We make no warranty against infringement of any patents by reason of purchaser’s use of any product or formulation described in this document.
® Registered trademark, Ashland or its subsidiaries, registered in various countries.
™ Trademark, Ashland or its subsidiaries, registered in various countries.
* Trademark owned by a third party.
© 2019, Ashland.