Seminar: Tools and Strategies for Non-Animal Safety Assessment
The seminar will focus on the following topics:
- Scope of available NAMs
- Regulatory context, IATA, NGRA overview
- Inhalation risk assessment case study
State of the Science
- Skin/eye methods
- Skin sensitization, incl. risk assessment methods
- Photosafety assessment
- Genetic toxicity incl. Toxtracker
- Break for Q&A included
EC3 derivation workshop
- This participatory exercise will walk participants through the use of in vitro data to derive a Point of Departure (predicted LLNA EC3) which can be used to evaluate the skin sensitization potency as well as downstream use for risk assessment.
Next-Generation Risk Assessment case study workshop
- Participants will work in groups to analyze data underlying an NGRA risk assessment evaluating systemic toxicity for a sunscreen ingredient, including systemic and internal exposure, bioactivity, IVIVE, and setting a point of departure. Small group and plenary discussions will follow to discuss how to develop confidence in making safety decisions with non-animal approaches.