The New York Society of Cosmetic Chemists (NYSCC) has donated more than 8,000 bottles of FDA approved hand sanitizers to frontline workers in New York and New Jersey Medical Centers, Hospitals, and Care Centers as well as Veteran and Nursing homes. In addition, customized COVID survival kits that include masks, handle protectors, hand sanitizers and more will be distributed to several of the NYSCC sister chapters and select members.
The customized hand sanitizers benefited the following organizations:
- Access Medical Associates, Englewood, NJ
- Albany County OEM, Albany, NY
- Atlantic HealthCare, Morristown, NJ
- Boonton Care Center, Boonton, NJ
- Express Home Care, Sparta, NJ
- Express Home Care, Wharton, NJ
- Health Village, Hackettstown NJ
- Nassau County OEM, Bethpage, NY
- NJ Sheriff’s Office Bureau of Corrections, Morristown, NJ
- NYC Health + Hospitals, New York, NY
- New York Presbyterian, New York, NY
- NYU Langone, New York, NY
- Northwest Medical Group, Succasunna, NJ
- Patient Care Morris County, Parsippany, NJ
- Rockland County OEM, Pomona, NY
- Suffolk County OEM, Yaphank, NY
- The Oaks of Denville Independent Living, Denville, NJ
- VA Hospitals in Suffolk and Westchester, NY and Paramus, NJ
- Westchester County Emergency Services, Valhalla, NY
“NYSCC has witnessed heroic actions and incredible resiliency from frontline workers throughout the cities and states that are the home base for our membership and member companies,’ said Giorgino Macalino, Chairman, NYSCC. “We are honored to provide some virus protection to these healthcare professionals and civil servants during this unprecedented time.”
According to Albert Gehres, Deputy Commissioner, Office of Emergency Management, Suffolk County, through the generosity of NYSCC, and other organizations, their facility has been able to distribute almost 7 million PPE items to frontline healthcare and civil servant workers as well as small businesses that need protection.
The customized hand sanitizers were manufactured by a NYSCC member company. Many member companies in the personal care and product development space either donated or switched their manufacturing process at the start of the pandemic to produce products for frontline workers.
For more information about NYSCC and its initiatives and programs to advance cosmetic science, visit www.nyscc.org.
About New York Society of Cosmetic Chemists (NYSCC)
Dedicated to the advancement of cosmetic science, the New York Society of Cosmetic Chemists, www.nyscc.org, strives to increase and disseminate scientific information through meetings and publications. By promoting research in cosmetic science and industry, and by setting high ethical, professional and educational standards, we reach our goal of improving the qualifications of cosmetic scientists. Our mission is to further the interests and recognition of cosmetic scientists while maintaining the confidence of the public in the cosmetic and toiletries industry. The NYSCC Suppliers’ Day in New York City, is the leading North American event for beauty ingredients, formulations, and delivery innovations. For more information visit: www.nyscc.org