Dow (NYSE: Dow) will uncover brand-new, high-performing technologies in its expanded personal care portfolio at SCC New York Suppliers’ Day 2022, taking place in New York City from May 3-4. Dow’s latest product offerings include new bio-based solutions for hair styling, bath, shower and hygiene, skin care and sun care, as well as its Textured Hair Kit. The launches will bring to life best in-class examples of innovative ingredients that will allow customers to discover sustainable and inclusive beauty solutions.
“Our latest product launches are a celebration of Dow’s commitment to delivering groundbreaking technology for 125 years, while also addressing the need for distinct, eco-friendly beauty solutions in the personal care industry,” said Verna Talcott, North America’s Personal Care Regional Marketing Leader & Global Personal Care Digital Segment Leader at Dow. “We continue to be industry leaders in developing innovative ingredients backed by science that make a difference, while also connecting our consumers to the latest beauty and skin care formulations that encourage diversity and are safe for the planet.”
Driven by a deep understanding of consumer needs and one of the broadest portfolios in the personal care industry, the series of Dow product launches are uniquely developed with the latest beauty trends in mind and provide multifunctional benefits for hair care, skin care and hygiene solutions. The new launches at this year’s show highlight Dow’s new bio-based innovative ingredients that are developed through the lens of sustainability, inclusion and diversity that inspire brands to serve consumers in line with industry trends.
The new featured trade products include:
- DOWSIL™ 1686 Resin: This liquid phenyl silicone resin offers shine and radiance, contributes to color value, enables good coverage and moderate wear in personal care applications. The high refractive index shine product has multipurpose benefits, making it ideal for use in color cosmetics/makeup, skin care and hair care products.
- Textured Hair Kit: Unique formulations to address the needs of consumers with highly textured hair. The formulations in this kit highlight uses in cleansing, conditioning, styling and protecting hair color. Learn more about the testing and feedback of these formulations for consumers with textured hair at the booth. Join TS&D Scientist Mary Kay Croofoot on May 4thin room A104 at 1:55-2:10 pm to learn firsthand about this.
- EcoSense™ SL-60 HL Surfactant and EcoSense™ SL-60 HA Surfactant:These two new sophorolipids are bio-surfactants that enable the creation of highly desirable mild cleansing products. As bioderived and readily biodegradable materials, EcoSense™ SL-60 HA Surfactant and EcoSense™ SL-60 HL Surfactant are an excellent fit to minimize environmental impact without compromising on performance.
- MaizeCare™ Clarity Polymer: This unique, non-GMO corn-based ingredient enables the formulation of crystal-clear hair styling formulations while offering versatility from low to high hair fixation, consistent curl retention, and new and desirable compatibility with carbomer. In addition, it is bio-based and biodegradable with film-forming properties that provide a non-tacky feel at touch when styling.
- EcoSmooth™ Rice Husk Cosmetic Powder: Upcycled from non-GMO natural sources, this white silica powder delivers a unique sensorial experience and optical benefits like blurring imperfections and mattifying the skin due to its higher sebum absorption compared to other cosmetic powders. A must add to many common skin care, color cosmetics and hair care formulation types used today, and particularly relevant for natural-oriented positioning.
- Sun Care Solutions: A wide array of performance-enhancing ingredients engineered specifically to help your sun care formulations deliver superior performance. Our new formulation aid, DOWSIL™ES-5700, has high dispersing capabilities for fine powders in various carriers. Our new SPF booster, SunSpheres™BIO, is a high performing, bio-derived and readily biodegradable SPF booster.
“At SCC New York Suppliers’ Day, we’re excited to showcase how our latest products are developed with the mindset that no one should be left behind,” said Isabel Almiro do Vale, Global Strategic Market Director of Dow Personal Care. “Customers can see this come to life through the launch of our Textured Hair Kit, which helps bridge the gap in the underserved textured hair market by providing sustainable solutions and enhancing natural hair.”
Dow scientists will be available at SCC New York Suppliers’ Day 2022 to discuss how to address personal care trends through formulating while keeping the consumer in mind. Dow can support formulators through collaboration and applying its strong market knowledge to foster a more sustainable and inclusive future together while staying ahead of industry trends. To learn more about Dow’s innovations, visit Booth #1411.
About Dow Personal Care Solutions
Dow Personal Care offers unique, innovative ingredients that empower customers around the world to create products with exceptional performance and exciting benefits that consumers can trust and believe in. Consumers that seek the confidence of a healthy appearance can see and feel the difference in our products through their lustrous hair or radiant and protected skin. We leverage our understanding of customer needs, deep market knowledge and technical expertise—combined with one of the broadest portfolios of technologies—to deliver personal care solutions with outstanding performance that are safe for people and the planet. We foster these innovations on global and local levels to meet the needs of diverse consumers through business centers, research and development (R&D), manufacturing plants and customer applications centers around the world. Please visit www.dow.com/virtual/beautyexperience/
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines global breadth; asset integration and scale; focused innovation and materials science expertise; leading business positions; and environmental, social and governance (ESG) leadership to achieve profitable growth and deliver a sustainable future. The Company's ambition is to become the most innovative, customer centric, inclusive and sustainable materials science company in the world. Dow's portfolio of plastics, industrial intermediates, coatings and silicones businesses delivers a broad range of differentiated, science-based products and solutions for its customers in high-growth market segments, such as packaging, infrastructure, mobility and consumer applications. Dow operates 104 manufacturing sites in 31 countries and employs approximately 35,700 people. Dow delivered sales of approximately $55 billion in 2021. References to Dow or the Company mean Dow Inc. and its subsidiaries. For more information, please visit www.dow.com or follow @DowNewsroom on Twitter.