Formulation ID: SC-DE-16-198-6
|Phase||lngredients||lNCl||% by weight||Function|
|Rheocare® C Plus||Carbomer||0.30||Rheology modifier|
|Rheocare® XGN||Xanthan Gum||0.10||Rheology modifier|
|B||Plantapon® LGC SORB||Sodium Lauryl Glucose Carboxylate (and) Lauryl Glucoside||1.50||Surfactant|
|C||Dehymuls® PGPH||Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate||4.00||Emulsifier (W/O)|
|Eumulgin® SG||Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate||0.50||Emulsifier (O/W)|
|Cetiol® 4 All||Dipropylheptyl Carbonate||5.50||Emollient|
|Myritol® 312||Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride||4.50||Emollient|
|Cegesoft® PS 6||Olus Oil [EU], Vegetable Oil [CTFA]||2.00||Emollient|
|D||Euxyl PE 9010 (Schülke)||Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin||1.10||Preservative|
|Sensiva SC 10 (Schülke)||Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin||0.50||Auxiliary|
|E||Sodium Hydroxide (20% solution)||Sodium Hydroxide||q.s.||pH Adjustment|
- pH value (23°C): 6.0–6.5
- Viscosity (Brookfield; RVF; spindle 5; 10 rpm; 23°C): 2000 mPas
Additional performance has not been evaluated
- First disperse Rheocare® C Plus and then Rheocare® XGN in water/Glycerin and stir until a uniform gel is formed (phase A).
- Add phase B to phase A. Heat this mixture (phases A+B) up to 80°C.
- Heat phase C (oil phase) separately to 80°C–85°C, mix homogeneously and add to phases A+B while stirring.
- At approximately 55°C, add the amount of water, equivalent to that evaporated during the heating process and homogenize with a suitable dispersion unit (e.g. Ultra Turrax).
- Stir while cooling to 35°C and add phase D.
- lf necessary, adjust the pH value to 6.0–6.5 with sodium hydroxide (phase E) and stop stirring at 30°C.
The formulation passed the Microbiological Challenge Test (Ph. Eur. 5.1.3. and USP<51>) with A-Criteria.
While the descriptions, designs, data and information contained herein are presented in good faith and believed to be accurate, it is provided gratis and for your guidance only. Because many factors may affect processing or application/use, we recommend that you make tests to determine the suitability of a product for your particular purpose prior to use.
NO WARRANTlES OF ANY KlND, ElTHER EXPRESS OR lMPLlED, lNCLUDlNG WARRANTlES OF MERCHANTABlLlTY OR FlTNESS FOR A PARTlCULAR PURPOSE ARE MADE REGARDlNG PRODUCTS DESCRlBED OR DESlGNS, OR THAT DATA OR lNFORMATlON MAY BE USED WlTHOUT lNFRlNGlNG THE lNTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RlGHTS OF OTHERS. lN NO CASE SHALL THE DESCRlPTlONS, lNFORMATlON, DATA OR DESlGNS PROVlDED BE CONSlDERED A PART OF OUR TERMS AND CONDlTlONS OF SALE.
For more information visit us at www.personal-care.basf.com or www.carecreations.basf.com