Formulation ID: # 100-10114B
Material ID: # 947489
Renew your skin while you sleep with this innovative, moisturizing night mask. Scoop the cream onto the face to apply an even layer; leave on for 5-10 minutes to absorb into skin. Wipe off excess with tissue and massage remaining cream into the skin (do not rinse). Awake to moisturized skin that feels velvety soft and smooth. The unique cream texture will reshape itself after use, always offering the consumer a smooth surface.
|Phase||Ingredients (Trade Name)||Ingredients (INCI)||Supplier||% w/w|
|A||purified water||Water/Aqua||Local||qs. 100|
|Lubrajel* Oil PF hydrogel||Water/Aqua (and) Glycerin (and) Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer (and) PVM/MA Copolymer||Ashland||5.00|
|B||Polysurf™ 67 CS HMHEC||Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose||Ashland||0.40|
|Optiphen™ GP preservative||Phenoxyethanol (and) Propanediol (and) Propylene Carbonate (and) Caprylhydroxamic Acid (and) o-Cymen-5-ol||Ashland||1.00|
|C||Amphisol* K||Potassium Cetyl Phosphate||DSM||0.50|
||Span* 20-LQ (MV)||Sorbitan Laurate||Croda||3.00|
|Emogreen* L19||C15-19 Alkane||Seppic||2.00|
|Ceraphyl™ 791 ester||Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate||Ashland||3.00|
|Ceraphyl SLK ester||Isodecyl Neopentanoate||Ashland||6.00|
|Rapithix™ A-60 polymer||Sodium Polyacrylate (and) Hydrogenated Polydecene (and) Trideceth-6||Ashland||0.75|
||Nightessence™ biofunctional||Butylene Glycol (and) Water/Aqua (and) Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract||Ashland||1.00|
|Unicert* violet 2 K7025J (0.1% sol.)||CI 60730 (violet 2)||Sensient||0.50|
|PF Nat Love Violet Powdery||Fragrance/Parfum (and) Geraniol (and) Limonene (and) Linalool||Robertet||0.15|
- Homogenize Phase A in the main vessel and start to heat to 75-80°C
- At 50°C, sprinkle in Phase B (premixed at RT) and mix while heating until viscosity slightly increases
- In a side beaker prepare Phase D, heat to 75-80°C until homogeneous
- At 75°C, add Phase C in the main vessel and mix until homogeneous
- At 75°C, add Phase D while homogenizing. The emulsion should be homogeneous.
- Cool down the temperature
- At 30°C add Phase E ingredients one by one and mix well
- Stop at 25°C once batch color is homogeneous
- description: pale purple O/W emulsion
- pH: 5.7 – 6.2
- viscosity (D0): 80 000 – 120 000 cps (Brookfield RVT | Spindle C | 5 RPM | 1 minute | 25°C)
- Delivers hydration after 4 hours.
- This formula has passed 3-month accelerated lab stabilities and a 28-day challenge efficacy test. However, the preservative system has not been optimized to its lowest effective level.
- unique cream texture that resets to a smooth surface after each use
- provides a fresh, velvety soft skin feel
- delivers hydration
- contains a natural extract from premium true lavender to renew and illuminate the skin while you sleep
- Polysurf™ 67 CS HMHEC: nature-derived1, cellulosic rheology modifier for aqueous systems that improves stability and increases viscosity of emulsions while helping to soften finish. Its elastic component in the fluid emulsion matrix of this formulation enables the cream to reset to its original state after shear is removed. Easy to use.
- Rapithix™ A-60 polymer: easy-to-use rheology modifier that does not require neutralization and supports formula stability.
- Lubrajel* Oil PF hydrogel: water soluble moisturizer and sensory enhancer that provides high lubricity. Excellent alternative to achieve a light, dimethicone-like feel. Preservative-free hydrogel.
- Nightessence™ biofunctional: natural extract from premium true lavender flower using Ashland’s Plant Small RNA technology. Awaken from your slumber with skin that looks rested, renewed and illuminated.
- Optiphen™ GP preservative: biodegradable, broad spectrum antimicrobial combining no skin irritation and excellent compatibility.
1 according to ISO 16128-2:2017
The information contained in this document and the various products described are intended for use only by persons having technical skill and at their own discretion and risk after they have performed necessary tests and evaluations of the products and their uses. All statements, information and data presented herein are believed to be accurate and reliable, but are not to be taken as a guarantee, an express warranty, or an implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, or representation, express or implied, for which Ashland and its subsidiaries assume legal responsibility. A purchaser must make its own determination of a product’s suitability for purchaser’s use, the protection of the environment, and the health and safety of its employees and customers. We make no warranty against infringement of any patents by reason of purchaser’s use of any product or formulation described in this document.
® Registered trademark, Ashland or its subsidiaries, registered in various countries.
™ Trademark, Ashland or its subsidiaries, registered in various countries.
* Trademark owned by a third party.
© 2019, Ashland.