Formulation ID: BDI10-3-1117, AstaCos® OL50
Status: Laboratory Formula
Formulation designed to restore and preserve healthy skin, e.g. after cleansing. Provides moisturization, elasticity and best spreadability to skin with refreshing effect when applied. Natural AstaCos© to supply the skin with the “King of Carotenoids“ – the famous astaxanthin. In this application it is used as natural colorant, strong antioxidant and eliminator of free radicals.
|Phase||Ingredient||INCI (EU)||Supplier||% by weight|
|Keltrol CG-SFT||Xanthan Gum||CP Kelco||0.50|
|dermosoft® Pentiol eco||Pentylene Glycol||Evonik Industries||4.00|
|Amisoft HS-11P(F)||Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate||Ajinomoto||0.30|
||dermofeel® GSC||Glyceryl Stearate Citrate||Evonik Industries||3.00|
|dermosoft® GMCY||Glyceryl Caprylate||Evonik Industries||0.50|
|Lanette 16||Cetyl Alcohol||BASF||3.00|
|dermofeel® TC-7||Triheptanoin||Evonik Industries||6.00|
|Sheabutter, refined||Butyrospermum Parkii Butter||Henry Lamotte||5.00|
|C||AstaCos® OL50||Haematococcus Pluvialis Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil||BDI-BioLife Science||0.05|
|Mandarin Oil Red||Citrus Reticulata Peel Oil; Limonene||Wadi||0.50|
- Solve components of Phase A in sequence while stirring until clear (t = 70° to 75°C).
- Heat up elements of Phase B to 70°C and solve until clear. Disperse AstasCos© before emulsifying in elements of Phase B.
- Add comonents of Phase B to those of Phase A while stirring.
- Homogenize until a smooth emulsion is gained.
- Cool down to room temperature. Add components of Phase C to no more than 40°C.
- Appearance: Orange emulsion
- pH-value: 5.5 to 6.5
- Viscosity (Brookfield: RV6:Speed 10): 7.000 to 18.000 mPas, Centrifugation (4.000 rpm, 15 min.): No separation
More than 6 weeks stable at 20°C, 40°C and 4°C.
BDI-BioLife Science GmbH, Am Ökopark 22, 8230 Hartberg, Austria, T +43 3332 32042 10, www.bdi-biolifescience.com, All rights reserved