Formulation ID: # Z339-71
Material ID: # 937181
This advanced alcohol-based formula will clean hands. This clear-in-hand sanitizer gel provides a silky hand feel during application due to the presence of Klucel™ hydroxypropyl cellulose (HPC) with Ceraphyl™ 31 ester.
|Phase||Ingredients (Trade Name)||Ingredients (INCI)||Supplier||% w/w|
|A||Ethyl alcohol||Ethyl alcohol||73.30|
|Klucel™ H CS/PC HPC||Hydroxypropylcellulose||Ashland||1.10|
|B||deionized water||Aqua (water)||23.10|
|C||Ceraphyl™ 31 ester||Lauryl lactate [and] myristyllactate [and] cetyllactate||Ashland||1.00|
- Prepare phase A by adding Klucel™ HPC to ethanol under good agitation to make a slurry.
- Mix phase A for about 5 minutes or until all HPC is wetted and polymer is not floating on the surface of the ethanol
- Add water (phase B) while mixing and continue mixing
- Mix for about 45 minutes or until solution is smooth and lump-free.
- Adjust mixing speed so that solution “turns-over”
- Add phase C ingredients while mixing.
- description: clear to translucent gel
- viscosity(Brookfield LVT sp64 @ 30 rpm 25°C): 4,000-6,000 cP
- stability information: This formula has passed 3 months of room temperature and 5°Cstability testing
- a hydroalcoholic gel for healthy hands
- delivers a luxurious smooth and silky skin feel
- dispenses easily and spreads quickly
- refreshes skin
- Klucel™ H hydroxypropyl cellulose: Thickens 100% ethanol solutions without neutralization, is electrolyte stable and is derived from cellulose. Klucel H HPC is a high viscosity grade to provide highly efficient thickening.
- Ceraphyl™ 31 ester: imparts non-oily lubricity to hydro-alcoholic products to reduce stickiness and positively enhance feel
The information contained in this document and the various products described are intended for use only by persons having technical skill and at their own discretion and risk after they have performed necessary tests and evaluations of the products and their uses. All statements, information and data presented herein are believed to be accurate and reliable, but are not to be taken as a guarantee, an express warranty, or an implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, or representation, express or implied, for which Ashland and its subsidiaries assume legal responsibility. A purchaser must make its own determination of a product’s suitability for purchaser’s use, the protection of the environment, and the health and safety of its employees and customers. We make no warranty against infringement of any patents by reason of purchaser’s use of any product or formulation described in this document.
® Registered trademark, Ashland or its subsidiaries, registered in various countries.
™ Trademark, Ashland or its subsidiaries, registered in various countries.
* Trademark owned by a third party.
© 2019, Ashland.